View from Palace Terrace at St. German en Laye, The Aquaduct of Marli seen in the distance
- Additional Title(s):
Vue Prise de la Terrace du Valais de St. Germain en Laye l'Aquaduc de Marli, Vue de Loin
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Image: 5 7/8 × 18 3/8 inches (14.9 × 46.7 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 21 1/4 inches (22.5 × 54 cm), Sheet: 16 1/4 × 25 inches (41.3 × 63.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "17"
Watermark, middle left: "J. Whatemann | 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Acqueduct of Louveciennes | Europe | France | Louveciennes | Marly-le-Roi | Saint-Germain-en-Laye | Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Château de | Seine | Yvelines | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View from Palace Terrace at St. German en Laye, The Aquaduct of Marli seen in the distance, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.