- Marlow, Bucks
- Soft-ground etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 10 1/16 inches (16.1 × 25.5 cm) and Image: 4 9/16 x 8 3/16 inches (11.6 x 20.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "C. H."; in brown ink, lower right: "Pubd. by J. Harris"; on back, upper right: "T. GIRTIN List no. 175 (A)"; in purple ink, on back, center: "GB | 6408"; in black ink, on back, lower right: "a Little [crossed out, replaced with "Great" in graphite] Marlow | by Girtin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings | church | figures | hills | landscape | river | riverbanks | steeple | town | village | walking
- Associated Places:
- Buckinghamshire | England | Great Marlow | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Marlow, Bucks, 1805
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.