- Games at Vauxhall: Playing at Cricket
- ca. 1743
- Etching with stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 14 13/16 inches (26.7 x 37.6 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 x 14 7/16 inches (25.5 x 36.6 cm), and Image: 9 1/4 x 13 7/8 inches (23.5 x 35.3 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "F. Hayman Pinx,,t"; lower center: "PLAYING at CRICKET. Engraved after the Original Painting in Vaux Hall Garden. | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhil, and Carington Bowles in St,, Pauls Church Yard London."; lower right: "Benoist Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ball | bat | blouses | breeches | city | clouds | coats | competition | cricket | cricket ball | cricket bat | cricket fields | fields | games | genre subject | hats | landscape | leisure | leisure | men | observers | plants | shoes | sporting art | sports | teams | tights | trees | walking sticks
- Associated Places:
- England | Lambeth | London | Southwark | United Kingdom | Vauxhall Gardens
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Guillaume Philippe Benoist, 1725–ca. 1770, French, Games at Vauxhall: Playing at Cricket, ca. 1743
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.