Games at Vauxhall: Playing at Cricket
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
Playing at Cricket. Engraved after the Original Painting in Vaux Hall Garden.
- ca. 1743
- Etching with stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 x 14 13/16 inches (26.7 x 37.6 cm), Plate: 10 1/16 x 14 7/16 inches (25.5 x 36.6 cm), Image: 9 1/4 x 13 7/8 inches (23.5 x 35.3 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "F. Hayman Pinx,,t"; lower center: "PLAYING at CRICKET. Engraved after the Original Painting in Vaux Hall Garden. | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhil, and Carington Bowles in St,, Pauls Church Yard London."; lower right: "Benoist Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ball | bat | blouses | breeches | city | clouds | coats | competition | cricket | cricket ball | cricket bat | cricket fields | fields | games | genre subject | hats | landscape | leisure | leisure | men | observers | plants | shoes | sporting art | sports | teams | tights | trees | walking sticks
- Associated Places:
- England | Lambeth | London | Southwark | United Kingdom | Vauxhall Gardens
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Francis Hayman (Kenwood House, 1987-06-24 - 1987-09-30) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Francis Hayman (Yale Center for British Art, 1987-04-01 - 1987-05-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]