Trade Card for Billinge and Edwards, Clock and Watchmaker of Snow Hill, Birmingham
- ca. 1770
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 3 7/8 x 3 inches (9.9 x 7.6 cm) and Image (span of all images measured): 3 5/8 x 2 3/4 inches (9.2 x 7 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center, in oval: "LANCASHIRE | Clock & Watch Jewellers, | & Silver Smiths Tools, | and Light Jobbing Work, | BY | BILLINGE & EDWARDS. | SNOW HILL, | Birmingham."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anvil (tool) | business | calipers | compass (drawing instrument) | equipment | forceps | hand saw | jewelers | oval | press | silversmithing | tools
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (Cottrell), Trade Card for Billinge and Edwards, Clock and Watchmaker of Snow Hill, Birmingham, ca. 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.