- Additional Title(s):
At Naples, Pl. 1 of a set of 12 from '14 Vases from the Antique'
At Naples, Plate 1 of a Set of 12 from "14 Vases from the Antique"
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 5 13/16 inches (22.1 x 14.8 cm), Plate: 6 3/8 x 4 9/16 inches (16.2 x 11.6 cm), and Image (no border): 4 13/16 x 3 3/4 inches (12.2 x 9.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper center: "at Naples."; upper right: "Plate I."; lower center: "Fourteen Vases from the Antique. | Printed for I. Taylor, at the Bible & Crown in Holborn near Chancery Lane."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antique | armor | artifact | decoration | decorative arts | Grand Tour | helmet | horns | leaves (plant materials) | men | ram (animal) | relief | religious and mythological subject | shield (armor) | still life | urn | vase
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Italy | Naples | Napoli
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Placido Columbani, born ca. 1744, active 1801, Italian, active in Britain, At Naples, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.