IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Placido Columbani, born ca. 1744, active 1801, Italian, active in Britain, At the Vatican, undated
At the Vatican
- Additional Title(s):
At the Vatican, Pl. 4 of a set of 12 from 'Fourteen Vases from the Antique'
At the Vatican, Plate 4 of a Set of 12 from "14 Vases from the Antique"
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 13/16 x 5 13/16 inches (22.4 x 14.8 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 x 4 3/16 inches (15.5 x 10.6 cm), Image: 5 3/16 x 2 1/2 inches (13.2 x 6.4 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Plate IV"; lower center: "at the Vatican"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antique | artifact | decoration | decorative arts | Grand Tour | heads | mouth | still life | urn | vase
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.