The Clarence Gold Cup at Hampton
- Former Title(s):
The Start of the Race for the Clarence Gold Cup at Hampton, Wed., 21 June, 1815
- Oil on four-fold mahogany screen
- Overall (four-fold screen): 70 × 94 inches (177.8 × 238.8 cm)
Inscribed on a scroll below the subject lettered across the panels: "THE CLARENCE GOLD CUP JUNE THE 21ST 1815 HAMPTON."
Signed and dated, lower right: "H. B. Chalon 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Paintings and Sculpture
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | landscape | race (concept) | screen (furniture) | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampton | Hampton Court | London | United Kingdom
- Not on view
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Bernard Chalon, 1771–1849, British, The Clarence Gold Cup at Hampton, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.