Two hunting dogs, a wolf and a sheep, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book..of Beasts in Various Actions' (1 of 9)
- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 7 3/8 inches (30.2 x 18.7 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 1/8 inches (21.3 x 15.5 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 5 inches (18.7 x 12.7 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower right in image: "GBF"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | claws | clouds | collars | dogs (animals) | fighting | hunters | hunting dogs | landscape | mountains | sheep | soldiers | sporting art | teeth | trees | wolf
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1683/4–1758, British, Two hunting dogs, a wolf and a sheep, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book..of Beasts in Various Actions' (1 of 9), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.