IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Bickham, 1683/4–1758, British, A Man, a horse and two dogs, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book..of Beasts in Various Actions' (1 of 6), undated
A Man, a horse and two dogs, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book..of Beasts in Various Actions' (1 of 6)
- Part Of:
Collective Title: A New Drawing Book principally consisting of Beasts in various Actions
- Etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 7 5/16 inches (30.2 x 18.6 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 5 7/8 inches (21.3 x 15 cm), Image: 7 3/16 x 4 13/16 inches (18.3 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower right inside image: "G B F"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | birds | bridle | canes | clouds | dogs (animals) | farm | farmer | farmers | fences | genre subject | gloves | grass | hat | hills | horse (animal) | peasant
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.