Trees and Cottages at the Bend of a River
- Brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, rough, beige wove paper
- 4 1/2 x 9 5/8 inches (11.4 x 24.4 cm) and 2 11/16 x 4 5/16 inches (6.8 x 10.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, center left: "3 | 4"; on mount, lower right: "3"; in blue ink, on mount, lower right: "John Varley."; on sheet attached to mount, lower center: "John Varley. | From Colln. of John Linnell. | Bt. from his descendant, Miss Herbert, 1933. | Martin Hardie"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cottages | landscape | river | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Trees and Cottages at the Bend of a River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.