John Piper, 1903–1992, British, Sketch of English Country Churches, ca. 1950
Sketch of English Country Churches
- ca. 1950
- Pen and black ink with white gouache on medium, smooth, cream wove paper, mounted to moderately thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- 6 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (16.8 × 21.9 cm) and 15 3/8 × 9 3/4 inches (39.1 × 24.8 cm)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "John Piper"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- churches | country (rural landscape) | landscape | Tower | trees | window
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.