John Piper, 1903–1992, British, Sketch of English Country Churches, ca. 1950
Sketch of English Country Churches
- ca. 1950
- Pen and black ink with white gouache on medium, smooth, cream wove paper, mounted to moderately thick, slightly textured, white wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (16.8 × 21.9 cm) and Mount (mounted to separate drawing): 15 3/8 × 9 3/4 inches (39.1 × 24.8 cm)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "John Piper"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- churches | country (rural landscape) | landscape | Tower | trees | window
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.