- Former Title(s):
Sketch of English Country Churches
- Gray wash with pen and black ink on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- 15 3/8 × 9 3/4 inches (39.1 × 24.8 cm) and 6 1/2 × 9 1/4 inches (16.5 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "22 [...]16 J&S Blue X J[...]"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "John Piper"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | country (rural landscape) | landscape | roofs | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.