- Windsor Castle
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on very thick, slightly textured, cream wove card
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (27.3 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "J. Piper"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | crenelations | gate | ramparts | road | towers (building divisions) | walls, defensive
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Windsor | Windsor and Maidenhead | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Piper, 1903–1992, British, Windsor Castle, 1942
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.