One eagle, one owl and three owlets, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book...of Various Kinds of Birds Drawn from the Life by Mr. Francis Barlow' 1731 (1 of 9)
- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/16 x 7 5/16 inches (28.8 x 18.6 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 inches (21.2 x 15.3 cm), and Image: 7 1/16 x 4 15/16 inches (18 x 12.6 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left inside image (difficult to see): "Barlow | Bickham Scul Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | attacking | birds | eagle (bird) | feathers | forest | hunting | landscape | nest (animal architecture) | offspring | owl | owlets | prey | protection | talons | tree | trunk | wings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1683/4–1758, British, One eagle, one owl and three owlets, a Pl. for 'A New Drawing Book...of Various Kinds of Birds Drawn from the Life by Mr. Francis Barlow' 1731 (1 of 9), 1731
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.