- A Woodland Nymph
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted to brown card
- Sheet: 2 1/2 x 3 3/4in. (6.4 x 9.5cm) and Mount: 3 3/4 × 6 inches (9.5 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower center: "A Woodland Nymph"; lower left: "Martin Hardie"; lower right: "original dwg by Edward Calvert | Given to me by Mrs. Calvert"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | hatching | nymph | religious and mythological subject | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Calvert, 1799–1883, British, A Woodland Nymph, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.