- The Arches Near the East Gate, Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk
- Watercolor and pen and ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 14 9/16in. (26.5 x 37cm), Sheet: 10 5/8 × 14 5/8 inches (27 × 37.1 cm), and Mount: 14 3/4 × 19 inches (37.5 × 48.3 cm)
Inscribed below image in pen and gray ink: "The Arches Near the East Gate Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul Mellon in memory of Dudley Snelgrove
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | river | stone | tree
- Associated Places:
- Bury St. Edmunds | England | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Francis Grose, 1731–1791, British, The Arches Near the East Gate, Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.