- The Departure (Second Class)
- Mixed-media engraving, hand-colored on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 × 29 1/2 inches (54.6 × 74.9 cm) and Image: 18 3/4 × 26 3/4 inches (47.6 × 67.9 cm)
Paul Mellon Collector's mark
Lettered, lower left: "PAINTED BY A.SOLOMON. | Printed by M. Queen."; lettered, lower center: "LONDON PUBLISHED 4TH APRIL 1857, BY E.GAMBART & CO. 25, BERNERS STREET, OXFORD STREET. | THE DEPARTURE. | (Second Class)"; lettered, lower right: "ENGRAVED BY W.H.SIMMONS"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Henry Simmons, 1811–1882, British, The Departure (Second Class), 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.