York House: Plan of the Ground Floor
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/16 x 11 5/16 inches (23.7 x 28.7 cm), Plate: 6 x 8 inches (15.2 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 7/8 x 7 3/8 inches (12.4 x 18.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper left: "Plate 14."; center left and center right: key with room descriptions; center, within floor plan: numerical measurements of rooms; lower left: "B & P. Wyatt, Archts."; lower center: "YORK HOUSE. | Plan of the Ground Floor. | Published by James Carpenter & Son, Old Bond Street, 1827."; lower right: "G. Gladwin, Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- floor plan | layout | mansion | rooms | scale (rule)
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | York House, Strand
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Gladwin, active 1820s–1830s, York House: Plan of the Ground Floor, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.