IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Gladwin, active 1820s–1830s, York House: Plan of Principle Floor, 1827
York House: Plan of Principle Floor
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 x 11 5/16 inches (23 x 28.8 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 x 8 inches (15.1 x 20.3 cm), Image: 4 7/16 x 7 7/16 inches (11.2 x 18.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper left: "Plate 15."; center left and center right: key with room descriptions; center, within floor plan: numerical measurements of rooms; lower left: "B & P. Wyatt, Archts."; lower center: "YORK HOUSE. | Plan of the Principal Floor. | Published by James Carpenter & Son, Old Bond Street, 1827."; lower right: "G. Gladwin, Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | floor plan | layout | mansion | rooms | scale (rule)
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | York House, Strand
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.