- Portrait of a Nobleman
- between 1670 and 1675
- Pastel and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 7/8 inches (27.3 × 22.5 cm) and Frame: 19 x 13 1/2 x 2 inches (48.3 x 34.3 x 5.1 cm)
Inscribed on backing board in white chalk, upper center: "94/2 | 30138412"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Thea Burns, The Art of the Pastel, New York, p. 121, NC 880 B8613 2015 Oversize (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edmund Ashfield, active 1669–1690?, British, Portrait of a Nobleman, between 1670 and 1675
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.