Ships in Distress
- Line engraving with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 16 11/16 inches (30.8 x 42.4 cm), Plate: 11 3/4 x 16 11/16 inches (29.8 x 42.4 cm), and Image: 10 3/4 x 16 inches (27.3 x 40.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Brooking pinxt."; lower center: "SHIPS IN DISTRESS. | Published 12th. April, 1796. by LAURIE & WHITTLE. 53 Fleet Street London."; lower right: "B. B. Godfrey sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | flags | marine art | masts | meteorology | sails | science | sea | ships | storm | waves (natural events) | wind
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Bernard Godfrey, 1728–op.1794, British, Ships in Distress, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.