- Bedford from the North
- ca. 1840
- Hand-colored lithograph on moderately thick cream card
- Sheet: 12 7/8 x 19 13/16 inches (32.7 x 50.3 cm) and Image: 11 x 18 7/8 inches (27.9 x 47.9 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "PUBLISHED BY C. F. TIMAEUS"; lower center under image: "M. & H. HANHART,IMP.T. | BEDFORD, FROM THE NORTH."; lower right under image: "DRAWN ON STONE BY H. BURN"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bales | blue | buildings | carts | children | cityscape | cows | dirt | dogs (animals) | factories | farmers | farming | fields | genre subject | green | hay | hoe | horses (animals) | houses | labor | men | north | roads | sky | smoke | town | trees | wagons | wheat | whips | work | working
- Associated Places:
- Bedford | Bedfordshire | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Burn, active 1845, Bedford from the North, ca. 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.