- Additional Title(s):
The Nore, Hadleigh Castle, Morning after a Stormy Night
- Part Of:
- 1830 to 1832
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 x 18 inches (33 x 45.7 cm), Plate: 11 x 14 3/4 inches (27.9 x 37.5 cm), and Image: 10 1/2 x 14 1/4 inches (26.7 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, lower right: "John Constable | Hadleigh Castle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | dog (animal) | rain | rocks (landforms) | ruins | shepherd | tree
- Associated Places:
- England | Essex | Europe | Hadleigh Castle | Leigh-on-Sea | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Hadleigh Castle, 1830 to 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.