- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 6 5/16 x 4 9/16 inches (16.1 x 11.6 cm), 6 1/8 x 4 3/8 inches (15.6 x 11.1 cm), and 3 15/16 x 3 1/8 inches (10 x 8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "John CONDE"
Lettered in black ink, lower left, along lower left border of oval image: "R. Cosway Pinx."; lower right, along lower right border of oval image: "J. Condé Sculp."; lower center: "Melania. | London, Published May 2, 1792, by J. Condé; & Molteno, Colnaghi, & Co. Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | bracelet (jewelry) | cameo | costume | curls | dress | frills | gaze | girl | gown | jewelry | medallion | miniature | oval | pendant (jewelry) | portrait | ruff | ruffles | woman
- Associated People:
- Robinson, Mary (1756/1758?–1800), author and actress
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Two Extraordinary Women : The Lives and Art of Maria Cosway (1760-1838) and Mary Darby Robinson (1757-1800) (The Fralin Museum of Art, University of Virginia, 2016-01-29 - 2016-05-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]