- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 x 4 9/16 inches (16.1 x 11.6 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 x 4 3/8 inches (15.6 x 11.1 cm), and Image (oval): 3 15/16 x 3 1/8 inches (10 x 8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "John CONDE"
Lettered in black ink, lower left, along lower left border of oval image: "R. Cosway Pinx."; lower right, along lower right border of oval image: "J. Condé Sculp."; lower center: "Melania. | London, Published May 2, 1792, by J. Condé; & Molteno, Colnaghi, & Co. Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet (hat) | bracelet (jewelry) | cameo | costume | dress | girl | gown | jewelry | medallion | miniature | oval | pendant (jewelry) | portrait | ruff | ruffles | woman
- Associated People:
- Robinson, Mary (1756/1758?–1800), author and actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Condé, 1765–1794, French, active in Britain, Melania, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.