IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Louisa Augusta Greville, 1743–active 1762, British, Rural Scene with Herdsboys and Three Cows, Large Tree in Foreground, 1760
Rural Scene with Herdsboys and Three Cows, Large Tree in Foreground
- Etching in brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 3/8 x 12 5/8 inches (46.6 x 32 cm), Plate: 17 3/8 x 11 7/8 inches (44.2 x 30.1 cm), Image: 16 7/8 x 11 5/16 inches (42.9 x 28.8 cm)
Lettered in brown ink, lower left: "A. Caracci. del."; lower right: "LAG: fecit. 1760."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | boat | boys | buildings | cattle | children | cows | genre subject | herdsmen | hills | lake | landscape | rural | shepherds | town | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.