- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink, watercolor and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 4 7/8 inches (16.5 × 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown nk, on mount, upper left: " then to come in spite of sorrow, | And at my window bid good morrow,". continued lower right: "Thro' the sweet briar, and the vine, | And the twistid eglantine" L.C. L'Allegro"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flowers | house | literary theme | poetry | pond | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.