- Pen and brown ink, watercolor and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted to moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- 6 1/2 × 4 7/8 inches (16.5 × 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown nk, on mount, upper left: " then to come in spite of sorrow, | And at my window bid good morrow,". continued lower right: "Thro' the sweet briar, and the vine, | And the twistid eglantine" L.C. L'Allegro"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- flowers | house | literary theme | poetry | pond | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.