- View of the Port of Liverpool
- Aquatint, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 × 27 1/8 inches (54 × 68.9 cm) and Image: 17 1/8 × 24 3/8 inches (43.5 × 61.9 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "PAINTED BY SAMUEL WALTERS." | PROOF"; lettered, lower center: "THIS VIEW OF THE PORT OF LIVERPOOL, | Is respectfully Dedicated to the Mayor and Council of that Borough, | by their most obedient humble Servant, Henry Lacey | LIVERPOOL, PUBLISHED BY HENRY LACEY, 64 BOLD STREET, JULY 20TH 1836."; lettered, lower right: "ENGRAVED BY R.G.REEVE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Gilson Reeve, 1803–1889, View of the Port of Liverpool, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.