The Good Samaritan
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 19 1/4 x 22 1/2 inches (48.9 x 57.2 cm) and Image: 16 1/4 x 21 3/8 inches (41.3 x 54.3 cm)
Lettered lower left: "William Hogarth Pinxit"; lower center: "Published Feby. 24th, by John Boydell, Engraver, in Cheapside London."; lower right: "Ravenet & Delatre Sculpserunt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Bible | dog (animal) | horse (animal) | medicine | men | New Testament | prayer | religious and mythological subject | science | the good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Simon Francois Ravenet, 1721–1774, French, active in Britain, The Good Samaritan, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.