Print made by Matthew Darly, active 1754–1778, British, Hats, 1773
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 10 11/16 x 17 5/8 inches (27.1 x 44.8 cm), 9 13/16 x 13 7/8 inches (24.9 x 35.2 cm), and 8 7/8 x 13 3/8 inches (22.6 x 34 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "HATS."; lower right: "Pub.d Accor.g to Act Act.r 1, 1773 by MDarly 39 Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Alpine hats | bonnets | braids | bycockets | caricature | cocked hats | expression | faces | fashion | genre subject | hair | hats | headgear | homburgs | humor | profiles | satire | slouch hats | tricorns | wigs
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.