IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Alfred J. Munnings, 1878–1959, British, Newmarket Again, ca. 1952
- ca. 1952
- Oil on panel
- 17 3/4 x 24 inches (45.1 x 61 cm)
Signed in black paint, lower right: "A. J. Munnings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of Sir Alfred Munnings
- Accession Number:
- Paintings and Sculpture
- Link to Frame:
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | equestrians | field | horses (animals) | jockeys | racecourse | racing | rural | sporting art | vest
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Newmarket | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Not on view
- IIIF Manifest:
Reflections on a Life with Horses : Paintings by Sir Alfred Munnings from the Paul Mellon Collection at the Yale Center for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 2007-04-01 - 2008-04-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Paul Mellon Bequest : Treasures of a Lifetime (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-02-17 - 2001-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Malcolm Warner, The Paul Mellon Bequest : treasures of a lifetime, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2001, p. 101, N5247 M385 P28 2001 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.