IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Florence Claxton, active 1855–1889, British, Gentleman with Whiskers, undated
Gentleman with Whiskers
- Pen and black ink, gray wash, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream card
- Sheet: 7 × 4 1/2 inches (17.8 × 11.4 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower right: " F.C"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | beggar | costume | figure study | genre subject | gentleman | top hat | umbrella | whiskers
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.