Two Travellers Watering Three Horses
- Etching with hand coloring on thick, slightly textured, beige card
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 10 1/2 inches (21.7 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 4 1/2 x 6 7/16 inches (11.4 x 16.4 cm), and Image: 4 3/16 x 6 1/8 inches (10.6 x 15.5 cm)
embossed ornate frame surrounding image with embossed lettering, lower left: "DOBBS"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "Etched by J S Alpenny"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridles | cape | costume | dog (animal) | feathers | genre subject | hats | jacket | jug | men | plumes | riding boots | saddles | stirrups | strap | sword | travelers | trough
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Samuel Alpenny, 1787–1858, Irish, Two Travellers Watering Three Horses, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.