Study for "Rue Bompart, Marseilles"
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 5/8 x 12 1/4 inches (49.8 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Edward Wadsworth 1924"; Inscribed in graphite upper center: "E G."; in graphite upper right: "Copy after | Gill"; in graphite center right: "Rue Bompart | Marseille."; in graphite lower center: "[ . . . ] a brush | not painted [ . . . ]"; in graphite lower right: "Windell"; in graphite lower right: "g"
Watermark: "J. Whatman T."
Signed in graphite lower right: "Edward Wadsworth 1924"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alleys | cities | clothes | clotheslines | doors | doorways | drawing | houses | laundry | men | shutters | stairs | steps | villas | women
- Associated Places:
- France | Marseilles
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Wadsworth, 1889–1949, British, Study for "Rue Bompart, Marseilles", 1924
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.