Study for "Rue Bompart, Marseilles"
- Graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 5/8 x 12 1/4 inches (49.8 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower right: "Edward Wadsworth 1924"; Inscribed in graphite upper center: "E G."; in graphite upper right: "Copy after | Gill"; in graphite center right: "Rue Bompart | Marseille."; in graphite lower center: "[ . . . ] a brush | not painted [ . . . ]"; in graphite lower right: "Windell"; in graphite lower right: "g"
Watermark: "J. Whatman T."
Signed in graphite lower right: "Edward Wadsworth 1924"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alleys | cities | clothes | doors | doorways | drawing | houses | men | shutters | stairs | steps | villas | women
- Associated Places:
- France | Marseilles
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Wadsworth, 1889–1949, British, Study for "Rue Bompart, Marseilles", 1924
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.