- Rievaulx Abbey, Yorkshire
- Pen and black ink, watercolor and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 15 inches (27.3 x 38.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink upper left: "7/05/85 B"; inscribedin verso in graphite, lower left: "2 1/2 | 3 1/4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | walls | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Rievaulx | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Piper, 1903–1992, British, Rievaulx Abbey, Yorkshire, 1942
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.