IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Wooded Upland Landscape with Riders and Packhorse, 1797
Wooded Upland Landscape with Riders and Packhorse
- Mezzotint and drypoint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 18 3/8 inches (35.9 × 46.7 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 × 14 inches (27.6 × 35.6 cm), Image: 9 3/8 × 12 1/2 inches (23.8 × 31.8 cm)
Lettered above image, upper left: "8"; below image: "Designed & Engraved by Thos. Gainsborough. | Pubd. as the Act directs Augt. 1st 1797, by J. & J. Boydell No 90, Cheapside & at the Shakespeare Gallery, Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | genre subject | landscape | mules (mammals) | riders, horseback | river | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.