- Wooded Upland Landscape with Riders and Packhorse
- c. 1783
- Mezzotint, with some use of drypoint
- Sheet: 10 13/16 x 13 7/8in. (27.5 x 35.2cm)
In brown typeface, bottom left: "Designed and engraved by Tho[superscript 's'] Gainsborough"; bottom center: "Pub[superscript 'd'] as the Act directs Aug. 1 1797 by J.&J. Boydell N[superscript 'o'] 90 Cheapside & at the Shakespeare Gallery, Pall Mall".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | genre subject | landscape | mules (mammals) | riders, horseback | river | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Gainsborough RA, 1727–1788, British, Wooded Upland Landscape with Riders and Packhorse, c. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.