- John Locke
- Colored stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured beige card
- Sheet: 9 7/16 x 7 9/16 inches (23.9 x 19.2 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 4 7/16 inches (16.4 x 11.3 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 3 7/16 inches (11.3 x 8.8 cm)
Lettered, center left along image: "J Chapman"; center right along image: "Sculp."; lower center: "JOHN LOCKE. | London Published as the Act directs, Jan.y.25, 1811~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acorn | attributes | cravat | crowns (costume components) | globe | laurel | man | map | nose | philosopher | portrait | posing | shield | solemn
- Associated People:
- Locke, John (1632–1704), philosopher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Chapman, active ca. 1792–1823, British, John Locke, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.