- Colored stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured beige card
- Sheet: 9 7/16 x 7 9/16 inches (23.9 x 19.2 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 4 7/16 inches (16.4 x 11.3 cm), and Image (oval): 4 7/16 x 3 7/16 inches (11.3 x 8.8 cm)
Lettered, center left along image: "J Chapman"; center right along image: "Sculp."; lower center: "JOHN LOCKE. | London Published as the Act directs, Jan.y.25, 1811~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acorn | attributes | cravat | crowns (costume components) | globe | laurel | man | map | nose | philosopher | portrait | posing | shield | solemn
- Associated People:
- Locke, John (1632–1704), philosopher
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Chapman, active ca. 1792–1823, British, John Locke, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.