- Etching and stipple engraving, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 11/16 x 10 7/8 inches (37.3 x 27.6 cm), Plate (cropped at sides): 14 x 10 7/8 inches (35.6 x 27.6 cm), and Image: 11 15/16 x 9 7/8 inches (30.4 x 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, on back, upper right: "3097"; in graphite, upper right: "10.00"; lower left: "5 (circled) | Cruikshank, Isaac | (after Woodward, G,m,)"; lower right: "373 | BM sachm 8749"
Lettered, lower left under image: "G M Woodward Del:"; lower center: "YOUNG LADIES."; lower right under image: "IC"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dog (animal) | dresses | feathers | genre subject | illustration | ladies | old | reading | satire | school | tree | wrinkled | youth
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Isaac Cruikshank, 1756–1810, British, Young Ladies, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.