- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 8 3/8 inches (30.6 x 21.3 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 x 7 1/16 inches (24.4 x 18 cm), and Image: 8 7/16 x 6 5/8 inches (21.5 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44504 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Mr. Bunbury del."; lower center: "DAMN MAMBRINO | London, Publish'd Feb. 14, 1799, by John Harris, Sweetings Alley, Cornhill."; lower right: "Js. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | chair | coat | costume | dog (animal) | frown | genre subject | horse (animal) | horse racing | humor | interior | man | parody | profile (figure) | satire | staff (walking stick) | tricorne | waistcoat | wig
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Damn Mambrino, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.