- Inspection of guard, Koningsburg, Prussia, study for watercolor, "The Coronation of the King and Queen of Prussia on 18th October 1861"
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 14 1/2 inches (26.7 × 36.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower left: "40 Prussia, inspection of guard | at time of wedding of Queen Victoria's daughter"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of three Australian sisters - Gwendoline Ewens, Jean Parkin, and Joyce Wilson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Housman Thomas, 1824–1868, British, Inspection of guard, Koningsburg, Prussia, study for watercolor, "The Coronation of the King and Queen of Prussia on 18th October 1861", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.