The New Speaker (i.e. The Law Chick) Between the Hawks and Buzzards - Poor Little Michee!- Just Mounting, and then Funk'd and Frighten'd Out of All His Hopes (from: Caricature, vol. 1)
- Etching with hand-coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 14 × 9 5/8 inches (35.6 × 24.4 cm) and 13 × 9 1/2 inches (33 × 24.1 cm)
Lettered below image: "J's Gillray inv't & fec't | The New Speaker, (i.e.:_the Law Chick) between the Hawks & Buzzards. | poor little Michee!_just Mounting: & then Funk'd & Frighten'd out of all his Hopes | Pub'd Feb'y 15th 1800 by H. Humphrey 27 St. James's Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Sheridan, Richard Brinsley (1751-1816), playwright and politician
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Gillray, 1757–1815, British, The New Speaker (i.e. The Law Chick) Between the Hawks and Buzzards - Poor Little Michee!- Just Mounting, and then Funk'd and Frighten'd Out of All His Hopes (from: Caricature, vol. 1), 1800