- Etching and aquatint with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 8 1/8 inches (25.4 × 20.6 cm), Image: 9 3/8 × 7 3/8 inches (23.8 × 18.7 cm)
Lettered inside image: "We're all ruinated, Sir! | -all didled, Sir!! | -abus'd by Placemen, sir!!! | -Bankrupts all, Sir! | -not worth Sixteen Pounds, Ten Shillings, Sir! | Ignorance | of Old | Admini- | stration | Stupidity | of New | Admini- | stration | Charges | against the | Ministry | Notes | Minis- | terial | Tricks | Plunders | Blunders | Collusion | Impeach | Punish"; lettered below image: "J's Gillray inv. & fec't | DESPAIR. | Pub'd April 8th 1802 by H. Humphrey 27 St. James's Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Burdett, Sir Francis, fifth baronet (1770–1844), politician
Robson, Richard Bateman (active 1802); politician
Jones, Sir Thomas Tyrwhitt (1765–1811), British politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
British Museum, Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum, 11 volumes in 12, British Museum Publications, London, no. 9855, NE55 G7 L63 A52 1978 (YCBA) [YCBA]