- Entrance to Lincoln Cathedral
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 13/16 x 8 5/8 inches (14.8 x 21.9 cm) and Image: 3 7/8 x 6 1/16 inches (9.8 x 15.4 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "T. Allom."; lower center: "ENTRANCE TO LINCOLN CATHEDRAL. | FISHER, SON & C.o LONDON & PARIS, 1837"; lower right under image: "E. Challis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | canes | cathedral | church | dresses | entrance hall | fancy dress | men | nave | people | priests | sculpture | stained glass | statues | top hats | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Lincoln | Lincoln Cathedral | Lincolnshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Ebenezer Challis, active 1837–1859, Entrance to Lincoln Cathedral, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.