Entrance to Lincoln Cathedral
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 13/16 × 8 5/8 inches (14.8 × 21.9 cm) and Image: 3 7/8 × 6 1/16 inches (9.8 × 15.4 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "T. Allom."; lower center: "ENTRANCE TO LINCOLN CATHEDRAL. | FISHER, SON & C.o LONDON & PARIS, 1837"; lower right under image: "E. Challis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | canes | cathedral | church | dresses | entrance hall | fancy dress | men | nave | people | priests | sculpture | stained glass | statues | top hats | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Lincoln | Lincoln Cathedral | Lincolnshire | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Ebenezer Challis, active 1837–1859, Entrance to Lincoln Cathedral, 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.