IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Robert Kearsley Dawson, 1798–1861, British, Map of Bewdley from the Ordnance Survey, undated
Map of Bewdley from the Ordnance Survey
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 × 8 7/16 inches (34.4 × 21.4 cm), Image: 10 3/4 × 7 inches (27.3 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Worces"
Lettered in black ink, upper center: "BEWDLEY. | From the Ordnance Survey"; lower center: "R: K: Dawson Lt R. E."; additional lettering within maps and for scale and reference key
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boundaries | cartographic material | cartography | key (text) | map | river | scale (rule) | still life | streets | town
- Associated Places:
- Bewdley | England | Hereford and Worcester | Severn | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.