Edgar's Tower, Worcester
- Additional Title(s):
Edgar's Tower at Worcester
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper (page in book)
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 8 9/16 inches (34.3 x 21.7 cm), Plate: 4 5/8 x 6 7/16 inches (11.7 x 16.3 cm), and Image: 4 1/8 x 5 15/16 inches (10.5 x 15.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center left: "May 17, 1773"; center: "EDGAR'S TOWER, WORCESTER."; center to lower center, continuing onto back: book description of Edgar's Tower, beginning "THIS TOWER seems to have been part of the ancient castle of Worcester: Doctor Thomas, in his sur- | vey of that catherdal, says..."; center right: "Godfrey Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | buildings | cathedral | church | city | gate | gateway | houses | path | road | steps | tower (building division) | town | walking | walls
- Associated Places:
- Edgar's Tower | England | Hereford and Worcester | United Kingdom | Worcester | Worcester Cathedral
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Bernard Godfrey, 1728–op.1794, British, Edgar's Tower, Worcester, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.