IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Bernard Godfrey, 1728–op.1794, British, Edgar's Tower, Worcester, 1786
Edgar's Tower, Worcester
- Additional Title(s):
Edgar's Tower at Worcester
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Picturesque Views of the Antiquities of England & Wales, 1786
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper (page in book)
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 8 9/16 inches (34.3 x 21.7 cm), Plate: 4 5/8 x 6 7/16 inches (11.7 x 16.3 cm), Image: 4 1/8 x 5 15/16 inches (10.5 x 15.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center left: "May 17, 1773"; center: "EDGAR'S TOWER, WORCESTER."; center to lower center, continuing onto back: book description of Edgar's Tower, beginning "THIS TOWER seems to have been part of the ancient castle of Worcester: Doctor Thomas, in his sur- | vey of that catherdal, says..."; center right: "Godfrey Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | buildings | cathedral | church | city | gate | gateway | houses | path | road | steps | tower (building division) | town | walking | walls
- Associated Places:
- Edgar's Tower | England | Hereford and Worcester | United Kingdom | Worcester | Worcester Cathedral
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.