- Etching on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Image (cropped inside plate): 4 15/16 x 6 7/8 inches (12.6 x 17.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, across the upper left and center left quadrant:14 "a"s, 2 "b"s, "c" and "d" ); in graphite, on back, lower right: "Worcester"
Lettered, in black ink, upper left inside image: "BLOCKLEY Church"; upper right inside image: "Gent. Mag. April 1793. PL I. p. 297"; lower left inside border: "H. Selwin Del.t"; lower right inside border: "Bonnor Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | cemetery | church | clock | clouds | designs | doors | grass | graves | hills | path | plants | sculpture | spires | tower (building division) | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- Blockley | Blockley Church | Church of St. Peter and St. Paul | England | Gloucestershire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bonnor, ca. 1740–ca. 1812, British, Blockley Church, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.