- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 x 12 5/16 inches (24.6 x 31.3 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 8 9/16 inches (16.8 x 21.8 cm), and Image: 5 3/16 x 7 3/16 inches (13.1 x 18.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "P. Sandby R.A. pinx.t"; lower center: "WARWICK CASTLE. | Published as the Act directs by G. Kearly in Fleet Street, Jan,y 1. 1780."; lower right: "Ja.s Fittler Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | clouds | country house | cows | fences | genre subject | labor | park (grounds) | peasant | reflection | river | staff | walking | working
- Associated Places:
- Avon | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Warwick | Warwick Castle | Warwickshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Fittler, 1758–1835, British, Warwick Castle, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.