Edward John Poynter, 1836–1919, British, Study for an Allegorical Figure of Religion, 1895
Study for an Allegorical Figure of Religion
- Black chalk, white chalk, and graphite, squared for transfer on moderately thick, moderately textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (36.8 × 24.4 cm)
Signed and dated in black chalk, lower right: "18 EJP 95"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Elizabeth S. Tower
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.