Self-Portrait Holding a Copper Plate
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 8 3/4 inches (27.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center: "CP 136 II. Portrait of the Artist (holding a copper plate)".
Signed in graphite below image, lower right: "John". Not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Elizabeth S. Tower
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gaze | hat | man | plate | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- John, Augustus Edwin (1878–1961), artist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Edwin John, 1878–1961, British, Self-Portrait Holding a Copper Plate, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.