Self-Portrait Holding a Copper Plate
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 11 × 8 3/4 inches (27.9 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center: "CP 136 II. Portrait of the Artist (holding a copper plate)".
Signed in graphite below image, lower right: "John"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Elizabeth S. Tower
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gaze | hat | man | plate | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- John, Augustus Edwin (1878–1961), artist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Augustus Edwin John, 1878–1961, British, Self-Portrait Holding a Copper Plate, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.