Griffin and Johnson
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid on mount
- Sheet: 18 5/16 x 12 3/8 inches (46.5 x 31.4 cm), Plate: 18 3/16 x 12 1/8 inches (46.2 x 30.8 cm), and Image: 16 1/4 x 12 1/8 inches (41.2 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Griffin & Johnson | in the Character's (sic) of Tribulation & Ananias, in the Alchemist"; lower right: "P. Van Bleek fecit"; on mount, lower center: "P. VAN BLEEK : GRIFFIN AND JOHNSON"; on back, lower left: "c"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actors | bag | book | cloth | coats | collars | column (architectural element) | comedy | costume | door | fireplace | gesture | hats | holding | ink | ink bottle | interior | jugs | lace | literary theme | men | money | pattern (design element) | pen | performance | pillar | play | quill (feather) | table | talking | tassels | The Alchemist
- Associated People:
- Griffin, Benjamin (1680–1740), actor and playwright
Johnson, Benjamin (1664/5–1742), actor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Pieter van Bleeck, 1700–1764, Dutch, active in Britain (from 1723), Griffin and Johnson, 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.