IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Murphy, c.1748–1820, British, [Animals: an eagle with a dead pheasant, watched by a fox], 1799
[Animals: an eagle with a dead pheasant, watched by a fox]
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 24 1/4 inches (49.2 × 61.6 cm), Image: 19 × 24 inches (48.3 × 61 cm)
Lettered inside image, lower left: "J.Northcote R.A. pinx."; lower center: "London Publifhed Decr. 9 1799 by James Daniell & Co. | No.6 Great Charlotte Street, Blackfriar's Road"; lower right: "J. Murphy fculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | death | eagle (bird) | fox (animal) | pheasant
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.