[Animals: an eagle with a dead pheasant, watched by a fox]
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 19 3/8 × 24 1/4 inches (49.2 × 61.6 cm) and Image: 19 × 24 inches (48.3 × 61 cm)
Lettered inside image, lower left: "J.Northcote R.A. pinx."; lower center: "London Publifhed Decr. 9 1799 by James Daniell & Co. | No.6 Great Charlotte Street, Blackfriar's Road"; lower right: "J. Murphy fculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | death | eagle (bird) | fox (animal) | pheasant
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)